xbox live signup is currently unavailable

GSU Brian

everytime i try to recover my acct on xbox live i get the error message "xbox
live signup is currently unavailable, please try again later." It always
happens at the same step in the process, whenever i get to the page with the
privacy statement, it never loads, just a blank box. after about 5 minutes
of waiting, i get the previously mentioned error message. This has happened
about 30-40 times, and at various times of the day. I've gone through all
the trouble shooting steps (connection tests all pass, the XY codes all
checked out, i have high speed internet). Also i took the console to a
friends house with a working live acct, and my console freezes in the exact
same place as mentioned above. Also there is nothing wrong with the hard
drive, it works fine on another console. What can I do? thanks