    (je suis italien mais j'habite en Suède)
    (ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/karta-italien.php
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 15, 2005

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
    > 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
    > which is on my
    > website without writing the complete adress of the source?
    > http://images.google.se/images?q=karta Italien&hl=sv
    > Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?

    Google indexes millions of images. The idea I suppose is that if someone
    is looking for a map, they find it via google images, get the one from
    your site. If they then want to use it for something they need to
    contact you.

    As for stopping google from indexing images from your site, ask yourself
    this; your entire SITE appears via google searches, yes? So why not images?

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    # this post (c) Miranda Thomas 2005
    # explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers
    # to duplicate this post.
    SpaceGirl, Oct 15, 2005

  3. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:

    > Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
    > 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
    > which is on my
    > website without writing the complete adress of the source?
    > http://images.google.se/images?q=karta Italien&hl=sv
    > Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?

    Because it's on a https URL?

    Get in toutch (for removal of pages) go to
    http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html (in Swedish)

    --
    /Arne
    Now killing all top posters and posters who don't quote
    Arne, Oct 15, 2005
  4. "SpaceGirl" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
    > > 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
    > > which is on my
    > > website without writing the complete adress of the source?
    > > http://images.google.se/images?q=karta Italien&hl=sv
    > > Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?
    > >

    > Google indexes millions of images. The idea I suppose is that if someone
    > is looking for a map, they find it via google images, get the one from
    > your site. If they then want to use it for something they need to
    > contact you.

    I know that they should get in touch with me but, unfortunately, I have
    already had problems with that because
    someone else had used it without getting in touch with me and published a
    map on another website.
    The map has been canceled by that site after I have got in touch with them.

    > As for stopping google from indexing images from your site, ask yourself
    > this; your entire SITE appears via google searches, yes? So why not

    images?

    > --
    >

    > x theSpaceGirl (miranda)
    >
    > # lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
    > # remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #
    > # this post (c) Miranda Thomas 2005
    > # explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers
    > # to duplicate this post.

    > As for stopping google from indexing images from your site, ask yourself
    > this; your entire SITE appears via google searches, yes? So why not

    images?

    This is not the problem. The problem is that they did not write the source
    below the image
    Compare the way my map has been displayed with the way Google displayed the
    others.

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    (sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 15, 2005
  5. "Arne" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
    >
    > > Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
    > > 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
    > > which is on my
    > > website without writing the complete adress of the source?
    > > http://images.google.se/images?q=karta Italien&hl=sv
    > > Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?
    > >

    > Because it's on a https URL?

    Perhaps. But why do they write the begin of the adress
    "https etc. etc" no domain name and then the file?
    Would it not be better
    https:domainname and then dot dot ?
    For example
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/....

    > Get in toutch (for removal of pages) go to
    > http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html (in Swedish)

    Thank you.
    The problem is more complex, though, because they still index the map which
    has been put on another website without my permission although the map is
    not
    longer there (see my previous post in this thread)

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 15, 2005

    > "Arne" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
    > >
    > > > Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
    > > > 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
    > > > which is on my
    > > > website without writing the complete adress of the source?
    > > > http://images.google.se/images?q=karta Italien&hl=sv
    > > > Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?
    > > >

    > > Because it's on a https URL?

    > Perhaps. But why do they write the begin of the adress

    beginning

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 15, 2005
  7. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:

    > "Arne" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
    >>
    >> > Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
    >> > 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
    >> > which is on my
    >> > website without writing the complete adress of the source?
    >> > http://images.google.se/images?q=karta Italien&hl=sv
    >> > Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?
    >> >

    >> Because it's on a https URL?

    > Perhaps. But why do they write the begin of the adress
    > "https etc. etc" no domain name and then the file?
    > Would it not be better
    > https:domainname and then dot dot ?
    > For example
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/....
    >
    >> Get in toutch (for removal of pages) go to
    >> http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html (in Swedish)

    > Thank you.
    > The problem is more complex, though, because they still index the map which
    > has been put on another website without my permission although the map is
    > not
    > longer there (see my previous post in this thread)

    Youy can't do much about what allready happend, but if you like to
    avoid it in the future (try at least), then do as they advice here:

    http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html#images
    (add a robot.txt file)

    Arne, Oct 15, 2005
  8. "Arne" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
    >
    > > Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
    > > 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
    > > which is on my
    > > website without writing the complete adress of the source?
    > > http://images.google.se/images?q=karta Italien&hl=sv
    > > Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?
    > >

    > Because it's on a https URL?
    >
    > Get in toutch (for removal of pages) go to
    > http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html (in Swedish)
    >
    > --
    > /Arne
    > Now killing all top posters and posters who don't quote
    > * How to post: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html
    > * From Google: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

    They published some instructions for website administrators to let
    Google remove a certain image from the search engine.
    "Ta bort en bild från Googles bildsökning"
    But how do I do with the image which has been published without permission
    on the other site and which has been removed by that site after I got i
    touch with them and asked them kindly to do so?
    (If there were other sites which get many visits every day and would like to
    publish the map on the website writing the source, that means the URL of the
    website of my one-man business,
    they should get in touch with me via e-mail or fax or by letter and ask me
    if they could do so)
    --
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boende-i-italien.php
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 15, 2005
  9. "Arne" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
    >
    > > "Arne" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > >> Because it's on a https URL?

    > > Perhaps. But why do they write the begin of the adress
    > > "https etc. etc" no domain name and then the file?
    > > Would it not be better
    > > https:domainname and then dot dot ?
    > > For example
    > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/....
    > >
    > >> Get in toutch (for removal of pages) go to
    > >> http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html (in Swedish)

    > > Thank you.
    > > The problem is more complex, though, because they still index the map

    which
    > > has been put on another website without my permission although the map

    is
    > > not
    > > longer there (see my previous post in this thread)
    > >

    > Youy can't do much about what allready happend, but if you like to
    > avoid it in the future (try at least), then do as they advice here:
    >
    > http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html#images
    > (add a robot.txt file)

    Ok.
    I began with this

    Disallow: /images/ITALYJ.jpg
    Disallow:/images/ITALY.gif

    and saved it as robots.txt
    within www.

    Is that right?

    --
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 15, 2005
  10. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
    > "Arne" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
    >>
    >> > Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
    >> > 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
    >> > which is on my
    >> > website without writing the complete adress of the source?
    >> > http://images.google.se/images?q=karta Italien&hl=sv
    >> > Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?
    >> >

    >> Because it's on a https URL?
    >>
    >> Get in toutch (for removal of pages) go to
    >> http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html (in Swedish)
    >>
    >> --
    >> /Arne
    >> Now killing all top posters and posters who don't quote
    >> * How to post: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html
    >> * From Google: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

    > They published some instructions for website administrators to let
    > Google remove a certain image from the search engine.
    > "Ta bort en bild från Googles bildsökning"
    > But how do I do with the image which has been published without permission
    > on the other site and which has been removed by that site after I got i
    > touch with them and asked them kindly to do so?
    > (If there were other sites which get many visits every day and would like to
    > publish the map on the website writing the source, that means the URL of the
    > website of my one-man business,
    > they should get in touch with me via e-mail or fax or by letter and ask me
    > if they could do so)

    You mean, if someone do it like Google do, linking to your image on
    your server (website) and not copy it for use on their own server?

    Linking to the image on your server is called hotlinking and if you
    are on a Apache web server, you can use mod_rewrite and .htaccess to
    prevent any web page other than your own from accessing your images
    (Google for hotlinking). One page where you can see how to do it:
    http://www.internet-search-engines-faq.com/hotlinking-deep-linking.shtml

    As soon as you publish something on a website, you are also in risk
    that somebody can copy the whole or a part of the content, and upload
    it to their own server, for use on their own site even without your
    approval. That's something you can't prevent really. Just do what you
    allready did, if you find the copied content on a site where it should
    not be. If it's not removed, you can complain to the websites host and
    maybee sue the owner of the website if you feel it's worth it.

    Arne, Oct 15, 2005
  11. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

    > I know that they should get in touch with me but, unfortunately, I have
    > already had problems with that because
    > someone else had used it without getting in touch with me and published a
    > map on another website.
    > The map has been canceled by that site after I have got in touch with them.

    Most so-called copyrighted web content isn't. How did *you* acquire the
    image?

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Oct 15, 2005
  12. "Neredbojias" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
    >
    > > I know that they should get in touch with me but, unfortunately, I have
    > > already had problems with that because
    > > someone else had used it without getting in touch with me and published

    > > map on another website.
    > > The map has been canceled by that site after I have got in touch with

    them.

    > Most so-called copyrighted web content isn't. How did *you* acquire the
    > image?

    Scaiecat Spa Gigi (the name of my one-man business) bought the images.
    They were made for Scaiecat Spa Gigi and I have the invoice
    and also a statement in Italian which says (approximately)
    that they have disposed all the rights to Scaiecat Spa Gigi concerning the
    images of the "cartine Italia" created by (name of the organisation) and
    acquired by Scaiecat Spa Gigi. There is also a reference to the invoice.
    This statement has been sent to me by the organisation which disposed these
    rights (perhaps cooperative society is the right term in English, I am not
    sure but that should not play any role as much as it concerns my rights)

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 15, 2005
  13. "Arne" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
    > > "Arne" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > >> Because it's on a https URL?
    > >>
    > >> Get in toutch (for removal of pages) go to
    > >> http://www.google.se/intl/sv/remove.html (in Swedish)
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> /Arne
    > >> Now killing all top posters and posters who don't quote
    > >> * How to post: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html
    > >> * From Google: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/
    > >> -------------------------------------------------------------

    > > They published some instructions for website administrators to let
    > > Google remove a certain image from the search engine.
    > > "Ta bort en bild från Googles bildsökning"
    > > But how do I do with the image which has been published without

    permission
    > > on the other site and which has been removed by that site after I got i
    > > touch with them and asked them kindly to do so?
    > > (If there were other sites which get many visits every day and would

    like to
    > > publish the map on the website writing the source, that means the URL of

    the
    > > website of my one-man business,
    > > they should get in touch with me via e-mail or fax or by letter and ask

    me
    > > if they could do so)

    > You mean, if someone do it like Google do, linking to your image on
    > your server (website) and not copy it for use on their own server?
    >
    > Linking to the image on your server is called hotlinking and if you
    > are on a Apache web server, you can use mod_rewrite and .htaccess to
    > prevent any web page other than your own from accessing your images
    > (Google for hotlinking). One page where you can see how to do it:
    > http://www.internet-search-engines-faq.com/hotlinking-deep-linking.shtml

    Do you mean that I would prevent Google and all others to link to the images
    which are on my website if I used this method?

    > As soon as you publish something on a website, you are also in risk
    > that somebody can copy the whole or a part of the content, and upload
    > it to their own server, for use on their own site even without your
    > approval. That's something you can't prevent really.

    I think that I had read something similar on this NG.
    Would it have been more difficult to copy them if I had ordered some maps in
    pdf ?
    Of course I could put the images on pages which are protected by password.
    see
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/karta-italien.php
    But the main problems in this case were
    1) that I was not informed that they wanted to put the map on their site
    2) most importantly that they did not write any source

    Just do what you
    > allready did, if you find the copied content on a site where it should
    > not be. If it's not removed, you can complain to the websites host and
    > maybee sue the owner of the website if you feel it's worth it.

    The map of Italy in question is not longer on their website.
    But there is still the link from Google to their website and this link
    displays the image with reference to their website.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 15, 2005

    > "Arne" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
    > > > "Arne" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > > > They published some instructions for website administrators to let
    > > > Google remove a certain image from the search engine.
    > > > "Ta bort en bild från Googles bildsökning"
    > > > But how do I do with the image which has been published without

    > permission
    > > > on the other site and which has been removed by that site after I got

    > > > touch with them and asked them kindly to do so?
    > > > (If there were other sites which get many visits every day and would

    > like to
    > > > publish the map on the website writing the source, that means the URL

    of
    > the
    > > > website of my one-man business,
    > > > they should get in touch with me via e-mail or fax or by letter and

    ask
    > me
    > > > if they could do so)

    > > You mean, if someone do it like Google do, linking to your image on
    > > your server (website) and not copy it for use on their own server?
    > >
    > > Linking to the image on your server is called hotlinking and if you
    > > are on a Apache web server, you can use mod_rewrite and .htaccess to
    > > prevent any web page other than your own from accessing your images
    > > (Google for hotlinking). One page where you can see how to do it:
    > > http://www.internet-search-engines-faq.com/hotlinking-deep-linking.shtml

    > Do you mean that I would prevent Google and all others to link to the

    images
    > which are on my website if I used this method?
    >
    > > As soon as you publish something on a website, you are also in risk
    > > that somebody can copy the whole or a part of the content, and upload
    > > it to their own server, for use on their own site even without your
    > > approval. That's something you can't prevent really.

    > I think that I had read something similar on this NG.
    > Would it have been more difficult to copy them if I had ordered some maps

    in
    > pdf ?
    > Of course I could put the images on pages which are protected by password.
    > see
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/karta-italien.php
    > But the main problems in this case were
    > 1) that I was not informed that they wanted to put the map on their site
    > 2) most importantly that they did not write any source

    To clarify:
    The maps of Italy as well as other pictures and information about Sweden and
    Italy should work as a kind of informative
    background to get accesses to my website by people who are interested in
    these countries because I offer services and wares on my website which are
    connected to these countries (for example intermediation for rent of holiday
    lodgings)
    The idea of the maps of Italy was later that people might be interested to
    pay some money to see these maps for a short time.
    Perhaps the price was not the right one but I had no experience with that.
    So, that´s why I am not glad when someone loads one of my maps of Italy on
    another website without even writing any source.
    Had they written the source, I might have got visits from their website.
    But they removed the image in a short time after I had got in touch with
    them and I appreciated that, anyway.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 16, 2005

    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > which are on my website if I used this method?

    [cut]
    > To clarify:
    > The maps of Italy as well as other pictures and information about Sweden

    and
    > Italy should work as a kind of informative
    > background to get accesses to my website by people who are interested in
    > these countries

    I meant:
    The maps of Italy as well as other pictures and information about Sweden and
    Italy should work as a kind of informative background for the users so that
    I get accesses to my website by people who are interested in
    these countries

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 16, 2005
  16. Luigi Donatello Asero

    the idiot Guest

    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote in message

    > "SpaceGirl" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > > Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
    > > > 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
    > > > which is on my
    > > > website without writing the complete adress of the source?
    > > > http://images.google.se/images?q=karta Italien&hl=sv
    > > > Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?
    > > >

    > > Google indexes millions of images. The idea I suppose is that if someone
    > > is looking for a map, they find it via google images, get the one from
    > > your site. If they then want to use it for something they need to
    > > contact you.

    > I know that they should get in touch with me but, unfortunately, I have
    > already had problems with that because
    > someone else had used it without getting in touch with me and published a
    > map on another website.
    > The map has been canceled by that site after I have got in touch with

    them.

    do you own the rights to the italian coastline?
    the idiot, Oct 16, 2005
  17. "the idiot" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "SpaceGirl" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > > >

    > > > Google indexes millions of images. The idea I suppose is that if

    someone
    > > > is looking for a map, they find it via google images, get the one from
    > > > your site. If they then want to use it for something they need to
    > > > contact you.

    > > I know that they should get in touch with me but, unfortunately, I have
    > > already had problems with that because
    > > someone else had used it without getting in touch with me and published

    > > map on another website.
    > > The map has been canceled by that site after I have got in touch with

    > them.
    > >

    > do you own the rights to the italian coastline?

    Parli del diritto di transito?

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 16, 2005
  18. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

    > "Neredbojias" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
    > >
    > > > I know that they should get in touch with me but, unfortunately, I have
    > > > already had problems with that because
    > > > someone else had used it without getting in touch with me and published

    > > > map on another website.
    > > > The map has been canceled by that site after I have got in touch with

    > them.
    > >
    > > Most so-called copyrighted web content isn't. How did *you* acquire the
    > > image?

    > Scaiecat Spa Gigi (the name of my one-man business) bought the images.
    > They were made for Scaiecat Spa Gigi and I have the invoice
    > and also a statement in Italian which says (approximately)
    > that they have disposed all the rights to Scaiecat Spa Gigi concerning the
    > images of the "cartine Italia" created by (name of the organisation) and
    > acquired by Scaiecat Spa Gigi. There is also a reference to the invoice.
    > This statement has been sent to me by the organisation which disposed these
    > rights (perhaps cooperative society is the right term in English, I am not
    > sure but that should not play any role as much as it concerns my rights)

    All that doesn't matter *if* the image is just a simple, basically
    uncustomized map. However, if there are lay-ins of little villas dotted
    around the countryside or something of that nature specifically related
    to your enterprise, you may have a case. Even so, trying to bring legal
    action into such matters can be pretty futile, especially if you're not
    willing to spend more than you can possibly gain.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Oct 16, 2005
  19. In article <>,
    says...

    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "SpaceGirl" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > > >

    > > > Google indexes millions of images. The idea I suppose is that if someone
    > > > is looking for a map, they find it via google images, get the one from
    > > > your site. If they then want to use it for something they need to
    > > > contact you.

    > > I know that they should get in touch with me but, unfortunately, I have
    > > already had problems with that because
    > > someone else had used it without getting in touch with me and published a
    > > map on another website.
    > > The map has been canceled by that site after I have got in touch with

    > them.
    > >

    > do you own the rights to the italian coastline?

    That's irrelevant. If I take a photograph of you, I own the copyright
    to that photo even though it's of your face.

    --

    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Oct 16, 2005
  20. In article <eeb4f.148407$>,
    says...
    > Do you happen to know why Google shows this map of Italy (ITALY.gif
    > 300 x 328 pixlar - 25k)
    > which is on my
    > website without writing the complete adress of the source?
    > http://images.google.se/images?q=karta Italien&hl=sv
    > Do you know how I can get in touch with Google for such matters?

    It's a search result. That's what Google does - it makes search
    results. Are you bothered that they've indexed the text of your site,
    too? Are you going to go after every other search engine that shows
    your images?

    --

    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/