alt vs title in explorer 7 & firefox

David Dorward

Garrick Chow, who I respect far more than you, recommends XHTML 1.0
transitional.

Are you talking about the fellow behind http://www.garrickchow.com/ ?
I've never heard of him before, but since his homepage has an HTML
4.01 Transitional doctype, but don't conform that it, I wouldn't try
it an inch when it came to giving advice about authoring webpages.
Your overly simplistic web site sucks. It's worthless.

I find a great deal of the information on Jukka's easy-to-navigate
site very useful. It does get quite technical at points though.
Perhaps you are lashing out because you find it intimidating.
You're an idiot and emotionally stunted.

You are the one who came to this newsgroup asking for help and then
started throwing around obscenities.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit dorayme:
We must not get too cynical!

How would that be possible, here on Earth?
There is a tendency in many ngs for
some of the regulars to go in a little hard on newcomers.

Not really strongly enough, when it's about being hard to newcomers who post
without having read the group, not telling the URL, and making a most
uncivilized attack on a _person_ after their _posting behavior_ and _HTML
skills_ have been demonstrated to be very poor. We don't want such
newcomers; that's best to all other readers, including civilized newcomers
with some minimum supply of clues.

wayne

Jukka said:
Scripsit GreatArtist:

You're a disgusting coward who insults people, hiding behind a nickname.
I'd rather be pig's vomit or rotten shit than anything like that.

There are lots of bad books on them. Besides, reading is not enough;
comprehension is required. You have already demonstrated that you didn't
learn much. You would need a good book on basics.

Just curious, but what makes you THE authority on html, css, and xhtml?

Bergamot

GreatArtist said:
Garrick Chow, who I respect far more than you, recommends XHTML 1.0
transitional.

Is that supposed to mean something? I never heard of Garrick Chow. If
it's the same person at garrickchow.com, then he certainly isn't any
expert in HTML, regardless of what else he may know.
Your overly simplistic web site sucks. It's worthless.

Au contraire. There is a wealth of useful information at Mr Korpela's
site. The simple design suits the content and purpose very well.
You're an idiot and emotionally stunted.

How to win friends and influence people... :-\

Blinky the Shark

wayne said:
Just curious, but what makes you THE authority on html, css, and
xhtml?

Just curious: would you like a little contest between Jukka and yourself
to see who knows more about the subject?

David Dorward

Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

Just curious, but what makes you THE authority on html, css, and xhtml?

He is AN authority on those subjects thanks to years of experience,
study and participation in the community.

You, on the other hand, I've never heard of.

Neredbojias

He is AN authority on those subjects thanks to years of experience,
study and participation in the community.

You, on the other hand, I've never heard of.

Oh, come on! Everybody knows about Wayne's World.

Neredbojias

Or maybe he's just feeling inferior due to a perceived sexual
inadequacy and is making feeble attempts at improving his low
self-esteem by belittling others.

Well, I'd say he's human and testy sometimes. Even crass occasionally.
But so what? I am, too, and it's okay to fight back with at least a
modicum of decorum, but when the dialogue degrades to cussin', there ain't
no dialogue.

--
Neredbojias

Scratched on wall of Tuscaloosa lockup #3:

The woman was
A real looker.
Too bad she war'nt
A real hooker.

Neredbojias

You misspelled "You have nothing to teach anyone, Google Grouper." :)

Don't forget, a Grouper is a kind of fish, too. Who knows, this guy could
be your second cousin...

Neredbojias

I can see that you lie bruised and vicious still about our little
to and fro on the standards of stuffy old English grammar. (btw.
wanna give me a teensy weensy little hint of your secret figure
on the desert? You came up with a figure below 84,000 miles?)

Actually, I really like Australians. That's why I pick on them so
constantly.

I was under the assumption you didn't want numbers to that puzzler posted,
but okay. 2000. Probably isn't optimal.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Don't forget, a Grouper is a kind of fish, too. Who knows, this guy could
be your second cousin...

A Groper is a beautiful fish that I see all the time down at
Clovelly when swimming. The male is a magnificent powder blue,
the female is a sort of muddy green, it is about 3/4 metres long.
gorgeous things...

andrew

[...]
Your overly simplistic web site sucks. It's worthless.

I do not defend Jukka, he is more than capable of defending himself
:) But you need to look a little more closely at this web site and
with a great deal more _careful_ reading you will see that you are
_very_ wrong.

Andrew

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Actually, I really like Australians. That's why I pick on them so
constantly.

I was under the assumption you didn't want numbers to that puzzler posted,
but okay. 2000. Probably isn't optimal.

What a nice round figure and neat where it is, 2 x 1000! No...
you won't solve quickly, it takes some persistence and the real
worth in all this is not the mere figure but the approach to it.
How it must be reasoned with... (now I am reminded of a line in
Pride and Prejudice where Elizabeth is besides herself over
Wickam's elopement with her 16 year old sister. He is a bit of a
scoundrel and she blurts out to her sister Jane, "How is a man
like that to be reasoned with?" The desert is like that, but
there is a way, and a more honourable one than the way Wickham
had to be dealt with.

andrew

[...]
Here's something you should realize. Jukka has learned English as a second
language, and being a very intelligent man, has done so very well. He
probably knows and uses it better than many native Brits, Yanks, and
particularly Australians.

Your slur upon the Australian people is duly noted :) No more shrimps
on the barbie for any of youse!

Andrew

dorayme

andrew said:
[...]
Here's something you should realize. Jukka has learned English as a second
language, and being a very intelligent man, has done so very well. He
probably knows and uses it better than many native Brits, Yanks, and
particularly Australians.

Your slur upon the Australian people is duly noted :) No more shrimps
on the barbie for any of youse!

Andrew

Too right, Andrew! And no cold tinnies either.

wayne

Blinky said:
Just curious: would you like a little contest between Jukka and yourself
to see who knows more about the subject?
I don't claim to be an expert6, why don't you butt out.

wayne

Blinky said:
Just curious: would you like a little contest between Jukka and yourself
to see who knows more about the subject?

My reply to you was rude, I apologize. I would like to be enlightened
as to what the purpose of this group is. Is it to stroke the "regulars"
egos by demonstrating how inadequate others are, or to offer help to
those wanting to learn web authoring?

Surely their must be some "regulars" that find "You should stop working
on web pages before you understand the basics, including the alt
attribute. -Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")" to be pretty intolerant. Also,
the sentence is grammatically incorrect. Do English teachers make
statements that one should not write until one masters the language? If
we all wait until we know everything about a subject before we tackled
it, nothing would ever get started.

Doe you believe that you were experts when you published your first
webpage?

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 09 Jul 2007 09:44:27
GMT dorayme scribed:
A Groper is a beautiful fish that I see all the time down at
Clovelly when swimming. The male is a magnificent powder blue,
the female is a sort of muddy green, it is about 3/4 metres long.
gorgeous things...

Males are often magnificent with regard to females.