Building IDE in ASP.Net

Vimal

Hi,

We trying to build IDE like application in ASP.Net by using ASP.Net AJAX
control toolkit. And the IDE should support resizing, drag and drop controls.
When we place a control (like textbox/ button/combobox etc) placed in the
form, it requires ResizableControlExtender and DragPanelExtender controls to
resize and drag and drop controls.

Let us say, for 50 controls is placed in a form, then there will be 100
extenders.Does it affect the performance of the application.Is there any
other way to implement.

We also tried using Web parts. We are able to drag , but not able to resize
web parts.

Is there any other way we can design web forms at run time , store them as
XML , retreive back and dispaly again as web forms.

Please let us know the if any other alternative ways to do the same.

Thanks in advance,
Vimal