Greetings

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by independent, Nov 23, 2019.

  1. independent

    independent

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2019
    Messages:
    59
    Likes Received:
    1
    hello,
    I am a mathematician,from turkey,30 years old.
    I would learn programming and have some questions.
    (to begin with,currently I am dealing with html5 & css3 and JS. but not sure for java and any else to consider)
    I think I am self taught so,do not need education/courses. (but might consider courses for social activities)
    (we had taken some courses in BSc. like: html (basics) (but not css) fortran (basics))

    my questions
    1) is there age limitations for job positions if we progress well ?
    2) is there any else someone who believes that they were self taught
    3) I think my english is not good ,but not bad (it is intermediate,my three years before toefl test result is:51 (ibt))
    will I be affected negatively/badly?
    4) have you any recommendation(s) for me especially if you believe that you were self taught.

    note: I believe that I was self taught because I can learn by myself and feel more comfortable so.when I was in mathematics,I had passed many courses without joining lessons.

    kind regards

    independent, Nov 23, 2019

  2. independent

    John Joe

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2017
    Messages:
    146
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    Malaysia
    My ex-colleague's age more than 40. She has no IT working experience and self taught.

    John Joe, Nov 26, 2019