Hosting Web Forms Designer

Ward Bekker

Hi,

I am researching if it is possible to incorporate the web forms designer
that is used by visual studio in another application.

Hosting the WIN forms designer is already possible (see
http://divil.co.uk/net/articles/designers/hosting.asp for an example)

But the 1.0 / 1.1 framework didn't had the needed functionality to be
able to host the WEB forms designer.

The framework that comes with Visual Studio 2005 (Whidbey) however has
designers for webforms, unfortunatly when trying to initializing the
designer for a component like usercontrol or page, an
nullreferenceexception is thrown by that method (system.design).
Because i can't debug that, i'm stuck. (I used the example code of
http://divil.co.uk/net/articles/designers/hosting.asp and replaced the
form control with a usercontrol and tried to run it)

So i was wondering if anybody could provide more insight in how the web
form designer can be put to work?

Bye,

Ward