Web forms designer

S. Daum

I have developed in vb6 for many years. I'm working on my first asp.net 2.0
application. I'm really having trouble just trying to layout a web form in
the designer - particularly with tables. Sometimes I can change a row
height, sometimes I can't. Getting things to align is challenging. It feels
fragile. One seemingly innocent change in the lower left whacks an important
layout in the upper right. The tool seems like a huge barrier to being
productive. I am used to learning curves and willing to climb any of them.
Any links to information describing how to "get what you want" using the vs
studio 2005 web forms designer would be appreciated.

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

you should buy a book on html, and not use the designer until you understand
html

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
you should buy a book on html, and not use the designer until you understand
html

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

I concur. I think it's impossible to build a web application without
understanding how the web works, and how HTML is rendered in the browser.

HTH,
Laurent

S. Daum

Thanks for both responses. I'm now consuming all I can find on HTML and how
web pages work. I guess I was a little ahead of myself making this
analogy...I didn't need to learn the Widows API to learn how to make vb
forms, maybe I won't have to learn the "internals" to make web forms. Guess
again.