    also, how will COM objects be routinely used from ASP 3.0 code.

    thanks,

    -Steve

    Steve Richter, Jun 22, 2005

  2. Apply for another job :) I programmed in classic asp for 3 years and the
    differences are it aint OO, you use vbscript and old school recordset ADO.
    If you want to create an object you do it with server.createobject.

    Cheers,
    Tom Pester

    Tom.PesterDELETETHISSS, Jun 22, 2005

  3. Steve Richter, Jun 22, 2005
  4. Steve Richter

    Sosh Guest

    I agree! If you come from a C++ (or any OO) background you will find
    classic asp extreemly tedious. Would be bad career move IMO too, as I
    doubt it will be used for that much longer (surely?) other than for
    legacy reasons, really not worth learning. And VBScript is rubbish.
    Plus I'm sure there are many more classic asp peeps out there than
    asp.net ones, why not find an asp.net job if you have the skill?

    If you really need the job though, the way you use COM objects in asp3
    is something like:

    set someObject = Server.createObject(id)

    where someObject is your instance and id is the type of object,
    usually [vendor.]component[.versionNo]

    Dont do it!

    Sosh, Jun 22, 2005