How to check if an applet is always trusted?

john.burton

From a java applet I need to be able to check if a certificate is
always trusted or just the user just accepted the certificate for this
session.

Is there any way to do this? I presume I could open the certificate
store and try to find the certificate? I guess this would only work in
a signed applet anyway.

What I want to do is help out the user by giving them detailed hints on
how to make their experience better. If they haven't accepted the
certificate at all I can detect that by trying to do something
privileged and catching the exception and give them instructions and
advice instead. If they just clicked "Run" on the signed applet warning
and didn't choose the "Always true this publisher" checkbox I'd like to
be able to give them advice on the merits of doing that but can't find
any way to fine out if they did that or not.

Ideally I'd like some way to do this from an unsigned applet so I can
give advice *before* the warning pops up but only if it actually will
pop up, but I doubt there is any way to do this.

Any ideas?