JMF/Webcam on Mac OS X

Mirko Hansen

Hi there!

I need to capture an image from my USB webcam on Mac OS X. On Linux/Windows
I'm using the Java Media Framework (JMF), but there doesn't exist a special
version for Mac OS X, so I have to use the common version, but this one
doesn't allow to use video capture devices. So does anyone have an idea how
to make this possible on Mac OS X? I heard something about using Quicktime
for Java, but I didn't find any documentation or any examples for this
case.
I would be glad if anybody could help me with that. Any other solution that
I can use for free is okay as well.
Thanks for now.

Mirko Hansen