Making table cells available at design time

Christophe Peillet

I have several custom UI controls that are table-based, and I would like to
make some of the table cells available for users to edit at Design time, much
in the same way the panel control works, for example. (I want users to be
able to insert new controls, html code, etc.)

If someone can please show me a clear code sample of how to implement this
(whether in the designer or in the control class), I would appreciate it,
since I haven't found anything myself, including looking at certain dotnet
controls in Reflector.

I will likely have more than one of these 'panels' or cells in some
controls, so if it's possible to give an example with two dynamic cells it
would be appreciated.

Christophe.

Yuan Ren[MSFT]

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for posting!

For the current issue, based on my experience, this functionality is based
on design time support in ASP.NET custom control. Unfortunately, I don't
find any specific sample codes for the current requirement. However, there
is a good resource from MSDN document explains the whole architecture of
the design time support. The document also demonstrates how to use the
design time support:
l/cpcondesign-timeforwebforms.asp

If you are interest in the theory of design time support, please look the
following article:
l/cpconenhancingdesign-timesupport.asp

Although there is no specific sample for the current issue, there still
have many resources from third party to demonstrate how to do:
http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/design-time-integration.asp

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/040422.htm

Hope this will be helpful!

Regards,

Yuan Ren [MSFT]
Microsoft Online Support

Yuan Ren[MSFT]

Hi Christophe,

I'm glad to hear the issue has been resolved:)

Regards,

Yuan Ren [MSFT]
Microsoft Online Support

Sebastian

Hi Christophe,

could you post some example. I've got problems to render this region at the
run-time. In this example, contents of views are not rendering in browser.
Could you help? Thanks!