Meaning of name : in std_logic_vector(num_rams(g_resize_num) - 1downto 0)

Pieter

In a project I saw the following code:
name : in std_logic_vector(num_rams(g_resize_num) - 1 downto 0); with
g_resize_num = 1.
Now I wanna now what the meaning is of num_rams(g_resize_num). Is this
some kind of constant
in a constant or what is the meaning of this? I searched already on
the web, but I didn't found anything
because I also don't now what to search for. Hope someone can help me.

Tricky

In a project I saw the following code:
name    : in std_logic_vector(num_rams(g_resize_num) - 1 downto 0); with
g_resize_num = 1.
Now I wanna now what the meaning is of num_rams(g_resize_num). Is this
some kind of constant
in a constant or what is the meaning of this? I searched already on
the web, but I didn't found anything
because I also don't now what to search for. Hope someone can help me.

num_rams() will be a function that takes in an integer and returns
another integer. It will be defined somewhere in the project you have,
probably in one of the packages, as it is not in one of the ieee or
std packages.

Pieter

num_rams() will be a function that takes in an integer and returns
another integer. It will be defined somewhere in the project you have,
probably in one of the packages, as it is not in one of the ieee or
std packages.

Thx for the quick reply
I found the function and now really understand what the meaning is of
this line.
It was a bit confusing because, the function num_rams is again a
function.