Need a C++ compiler

Oskar Linde

kwikius said:
Yep. I have already seen that. You might want to compare this :

( d code in above url)

With this source at:
http://tinyurl.com/2k7ugv
authored by my very self ;-)

Ahhh imitation is the best form of flattery ...That's the power of
Quan .... :)

Guilty as charged. :) I'm well aware of Quan and its history. In fact, I
believe I still have a copy of pqs-1-00-00 lying around somewhere.
physical.d is just a quick hack that took less than an hour to code, and
I was looking for some small examples. I consider the similarities a
homage, but if you feel differently I'd be happy to remove them. I added
a small comment to the file for now.
BTW for those interested, though quan on sourceforge has been sleeping
for some time, I hope that soon she will be back in modified form,
hopefully on her own site, with a similar interface but with a much
more elegant implementation and a lot more comprehensive features,
she's too pretty to die so young ;-)

Sounds interesting!

/Oskar

kwikius

Guilty as charged. :) I'm well aware of Quan and its history. In fact, I
believe I still have a copy of pqs-1-00-00 lying around somewhere.
physical.d is just a quick hack that took less than an hour to code, and
I was looking for some small examples. I consider the similarities a
homage, but if you feel differently I'd be happy to remove them.

Hey.. no problem. In fact I'm quite chuffed about it... :) I found
it very interesting. I seriously do like D and amespecially
interested in the metaprogramming approach.
I am sure there was no intent to deceive anybody and its nice to know
that the stuff is being made use of.

In fact it would be an interesting exercise to do a more comprehensive
D physical quantities library. Unfortunately I am unlikely to do that
in the near future as I spending all my spare time on the C++
version :-(
I added
a small comment to the file for now.

Thats great.. thanks!
Sounds interesting!

Well, Quan on sourceforge did suffer from a few major problems, which
I have now solved locally so that it is much easier to extend the
library and the implementation is much cleaner.... and a lot more.
However I'm not saying too much ... but Quans successor is being
very satisfying to work on so far. Hopefully she will be coming to a
website near you sometime...

regards
Andy Little