    should be a project for Linux or at least Unix.

    Thanks
    Humbaba

    Humbaba Roland, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Humbaba Roland

    Martijn Guest

    So it would be very nice when somebody could suggest some projects. It
    A forking echo server? :p

    Maybe try comp.programming, they are more about the meta-programming
    questions...

    Martijn, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Humbaba Roland

    Joe Wright Guest

    Reading a book about C is a good start. I assume you have completed to
    your satisfaction, all the examples in your "The ANSI C Programming"
    book. When I first knew enough about C to want to practice it, I
    starting writing clones of existing utilities just to see if I could.
    You might write your own version of cat. Call it kit. Get the
    specification from 'man cat' and write kit. Try them both, compare
    results, ask questions. It should be fun.

    Joe Wright, Apr 8, 2004