No intellisense for web.config

Guest

I'm runnning visual studio 2005 standard edition and i don't get intellisense
for configuration file
asp.net development server adds this
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0" to the root
element of the configuration file and Visual Studio cannot read this schema.
If i remove this xmlns, i get the intellisense, but the asp.net development
server administration tool puts it back next time i modify. Its very
annoying!!!

Any one else experience this?

Karl Seguin

Experience the same thing. I just take out the xmnls and never run the
server administration. Don't know of any other solutions.

Karl

S. Justin Gengo

Ram,

Yes, I reported this as a bug and later was told that it had been reported
by at least one other person.

Karl's advice is the correct workaround for the time being. Any time you use
the built in site administrator delete the xmlns paramater it inserts.
Hopefully there will be an update that addresses this soon.

This will be a bug that will affect almost everyone but at least it's a
pretty tame one.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP