oh perlbal you!!! you got what i need....but you dotn work with 5 16

Peter Makholm

johannes falcone said:
perlbal does not install when I use 5.16.3 perl and cpanm

'Does not install' is a pretty vague probelm description. If you expect
some useful respons you would probably need to describe the problem a
bit more. For example by quoting the failing tests.

Looking at http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/P/Perlbal.html#Perlbal-1.80
it doesn't seem to be in a fully working state, but the actual failures
differs quite a bit and none of them seems to be obvious based on my
generic knowledge of perl.

//Makholm

johannes falcone

'Does not install' is a pretty vague probelm description. If you expect

some useful respons you would probably need to describe the problem a

bit more. For example by quoting the failing tests.

Looking at http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/P/Perlbal.html#Perlbal-1.80

it doesn't seem to be in a fully working state, but the actual failures

differs quite a bit and none of them seems to be obvious based on my

generic knowledge of perl.

//Makholm

yeah I can't install it either

I wonder if the perlbal gods will update it soon?

nice to skip nginx and apache and hek ha proxy :)

johannes falcone

'Does not install' is a pretty vague probelm description. If you expect

some useful respons you would probably need to describe the problem a

bit more. For example by quoting the failing tests.

Looking at http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/P/Perlbal.html#Perlbal-1.80

it doesn't seem to be in a fully working state, but the actual failures

differs quite a bit and none of them seems to be obvious based on my

generic knowledge of perl.

//Makholm

http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/P/Perlbal.html#Perlbal-1.80

so wait is this for what hand compiling?

cpanm failed me!!

maybe I need some os level libs instaled before cpanm will work correctly?

I will try on archlinux with the latest stuff and see.

maybe arch is so good they already have it

johannes falcone

'Does not install' is a pretty vague probelm description. If you expect

some useful respons you would probably need to describe the problem a

bit more. For example by quoting the failing tests.

Looking at http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/P/Perlbal.html#Perlbal-1.80

it doesn't seem to be in a fully working state, but the actual failures

differs quite a bit and none of them seems to be obvious based on my

generic knowledge of perl.

//Makholm

installed under perl 5.10 fine
switched to 5.16.3 using perlbrew
did coanm Perlbal said already isntalled
yay
started up and real c00l
go perlbal!!
really slick webserver in perl!!
config is dream compared to apache

johannes falcone

perlbal is only million times easier than apache :)

I bet we could replace out f5 load balancers with it too!!