Session Statr Error

Fresno Bob

I have a default website in IIS which is ASP.net 1.1. I have an application
which asp.net 3.5 in a sub directory. The sub directory is configured as an
application, has it's own application pool and I have configured it web
config not to use session state at all. When I navigate directly to it it's
fine.

When I navigate from the 1.1 app e.g. http://myservername/default.asp (note
the home page is classic asp although many other pages are 1.1)

to http://myservername/asp35app/default.aspx I get the following error

Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not
installed on the SQL server

I am guessing going to the parent directory is putting some kind of session
cookie on my machine which is confusing the 3.5 app. Is there a way around
this?

Regards, Chris.

Fresno Bob

But set session state to off in the 3.5 app in the web config. It only
"inherits" when I navigate from the parent 1.1 app to the 3.5 not when I go
directly to the 3.5 app it isn't a problem.

Alex Meleta said:
Hi Fresno,
Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not
installed on the SQL server

Means ASP.NET is trying to use SQL session state on unequipped
environment. Prepare SQL firts by aspnet_regsql.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x28wfk74.aspx

Regards, Alex Meleta
[TechBlog] http://devkids.blogspot.com