Synopsys Design Compiler VHDL Files

Joined
Jan 2, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all

I am having a problem with the gate-level VHDL file that Synopsys Design compiler produces after synthesis. Specifically, I am giving the following commands:

change_names -rules vhdl -hierarchy
write -hierarchy -format vhdl topdesign -output myfile.vhd

The VHDL file produced has a problem. In many cases, ports that are declared as type "out" are being used on the right side of signal assignment. For example, something like this is happening:

entity example is
port(ahbo: out std_logic_vector (3 downto 0).....
end example

architecture rtl of entity is
begin
ahbo <= (ahbo(3), ahbo(2), ahbo(1), ahbo(0));

end rtl

Of course, when I try to simulate this post-synthesis netlist in ModeSim, it complains...does anyone know why this is happening and how I can get rid of it?

Thanks!