VHDL/Verilog simulation problem

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Andy Botterill, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. I am trying to do a simulation that has the design described in verilog
    and the testbench in VHDL. The simulation compiles and works OK in
    ModelSim but gives me problems with Aldec Active-HDL.

    Entity "testbench" has been skipped - no difference detected.
    Compile Architecture "rtl_not_tb" of Entity "testbench"
    Error: ELAB1_0002: The ITF file has an invalide format.
    Warning: ELAB1_0026: rtl_not_tb.vhd : (43, 0): There is no default
    binding for component "rtl_not".(No entity named "rtl_not" was found).
    Top-Level unit detected
    Entity => testbench
    Compile failure 1 Errors 1 Warnings Analysis time : 0.3

    The VHDL testbench is like this :-

    -- ModelSim
    library ieee;
    use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;

    entity testbench is
    port(
    F: out std_logic;
    A: in std_logic
    );
    end;

    --- architecture TB_ARCHITECTURE of rtl_not_tb is
    architecture rtl_not_tb of testbench is

    component rtl_not
    port(
    F: out std_logic;
    A: in std_logic
    );
    end component;

    signal IN_A : std_logic := '0';

    signal OUT_F : std_logic;

    begin
    stimulus:
    process begin
    IN_A <= '0'; wait for 100 ns;
    IN_A <= '1'; wait for 100 ns;
    IN_A <= '0'; wait for 100 ns;
    IN_A <= '1'; wait for 100 ns;
    IN_A <= '0'; wait for 100 ns;
    IN_A <= '1'; wait for 100 ns;
    IN_A <= '0'; wait for 100 ns;
    IN_A <= '1'; wait for 100 ns;
    IN_A <= '0'; wait for 100 ns;
    IN_A <= '1'; wait for 100 ns;

    wait;
    end process;

    m: rtl_not port map( F=>OUT_F , A=>IN_A );

    end;

    The verilog design is like this :-

    `define PERIOD 100

    module rtl_not( F , A);
    output F;
    input A;

    assign F = ~A;

    endmodule

    I am novice at VHDL and would appreciate someone giving some ideas as to
    what to check. Many thanks in advance.

    [ Test engineer trying to understand more about design. ]

    Andy Botterill, Nov 4, 2003