Visual Studio .NET has detected Web server is not running ASP.NET 1.1

Rob R. Ainscough

I've tried to resolve this problem using the following method:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555132

Also tried this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;886389

None of these have solved my problem?

Background on this issue -- I work at home and at an office, I originally
created my ASP.NET WebForm application on my work PC. My home PC VS.NET
2003 is install in the same way as my work PC. I copied my application dir
(and sub dirs) from my work PC ...\InetPub\wwwroot\ to my home PC. Whenever
I try to load the project from VS.NET on my Home PC I get the error message
(see subject). Project loads fine on my work PC. In both cases InetPub is
a local host.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks, Rob.

Guest

So you are saying it works in the office?
But at home NO!
So how did you install VS.NET and IIS at home in what order?
Was it working before or you just installed it?
Patrick