Which is the best GUI kit for cross-platform OpenGL software?

chutsu

Hi
Am kinda new in GUI programming but I was wondering whats the best GUI
Kit to develop a cross-platform opengl program?

Thanks
Chris

Alex Fenton

chutsu said:
Am kinda new in GUI programming but I was wondering whats the best GUI
Kit to develop a cross-platform opengl program?

All of the major cross-platform GUI toolkits available for ruby claim
to support OpenGL (WxRuby, FxRuby, GTK/Ruby, Ruby/QT). I know that
FxRuby, which you've already been recommended, works well, as does
wxRuby, via the OpenGL extension for Ruby.

So your decision may come down to features aside from OpenGL support. If
you're investing time in developing an application, I'd suggest trying a
few out on the different platforms upon which you plan to use your
application. There are numerous good options, but none is perfect;
people are using all of the above toolkits for reasonable reasons.

Things to consider include ease of installation and deployment,
aesthetics on different platforms, accessibility support, API style,
documentation & user community, and the availability of advanced
widgets, if you need them.

Personally, I use wxRuby, but YMMV

alex