hosting multiple sites on IIS single NIC PC connected to internet

Guest

Sorry, the question is related but might not directly linked to ASP.NEt

I have a Windows 2003 server machine that is connected to Internet and has
single static IP address (say 90.90.90.90). I have a DNS (say www.mysite.com)
that is attached to this static IP Address.

I want to host another site to my PC (say www.newsite.com).

I am confused on how I can setup second site so that it can be accessed from
Internet.

Will following work:
1. I register DNS www.newsite.com for my static IP address(90.90.90.90).
2. In IIS 6, use Host Header names add create new website with Host name
www.newsite.com

Will I need to setup DNS on local network to make this work???

Please help!!!

Bruce Barker

yes, you just need both dns entries pointing to the same ip. in http 1.1,
the browser sends a host header so the the webserver can tell sites apart.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

yes, you just need both dns entries pointing to the same ip. in http
1.1, the browser sends a host header so the the webserver can tell
sites apart.

Is there a way to associate multiple IP addresses to one adapter? Sort of
like what VMware does with the virutal adapters? Each virtual adapter
obtains it's own IP address./