introduction

dorayme

Ed Mullen said:
dorayme wrote: .....

Depends. Is it an Irish bar in America? Is it a British bar in
America? etc.

You don't have American bars? Where did Jack Lemmon go when he
was depressed and needed a drink, the bartender coming up to
listen to some sad tale?

... There are no laws, really, about
such. Some offer pints. Some offer half-pints. Some go on about
ounces. Mostly I reply based on "Small, medium or large?"

In NSW at least the main ones are a middy (10oz) and schooner
(15oz). In Victoria, I recall a 7oz, maybe it was called a pony?

In Australia, if a man is looking for a fight, he goes into a pub
and orders less than a schooner and gets ready to react if
someone tries to king hit him... ETs out for a barney order
something and say out loud "Anyone who drinks other than this is
a bloody human" as an obvious insult...

Neredbojias

cool then! nice to meet you neredbojias

Nice to meet you, Jenn. Dorayme's Australian and tends to tell kinda
odd jokes, but hey, it's all good. Are you into making web pages or
here for just a particular site/problem?

Neredbojias

So that proves what? It is a bad guy joke? It is not a guy joke
'cos men from Texas only understand guy jokes? Or you boji are a
lady (from Texas not withstanding)? I bet I have missed some
other possibilities <g>

I was just intimating that the overly-colloquialized anecdote was
unclear to a multi-stated Amercian audience (not to mention the world
at large). But to be fair about it, I never understood Swahili dung
jokes, either.

dorayme

andrew said:
Perhaps this is the wrong time to mention the Darwin stubby...

It is never a wrong time to mention it. I doubt if it is the
right time to drink it though, far too much for anybody but
Gulliver.

Jenn

Neredbojias said:
On 14 Apr 2010, "Jenn" <[email protected]>

Nice to meet you, Jenn. Dorayme's Australian and tends to tell kinda
odd jokes, but hey, it's all good.

ahh.. thanks for the info.. I usually really like Aussies! :D
Are you into making web pages or
here for just a particular site/problem?

I make web pages for a living for the last.. mmmmm ... kind of lost track
.... started learning html around '94 and then making websites around '95 ..
something like that.

Where are you from and what do you do?

Jenn

Neredbojias said:
I was just intimating that the overly-colloquialized anecdote was
unclear to a multi-stated Amercian audience (not to mention the world
at large). But to be fair about it, I never understood Swahili dung
jokes, either.

Here's a joke I coined myself some yrs ago ...

What do you get when you cross an ant with a dung beatle?
..
..
..
..
..
..
wait for it.......
..
..
..
..
..
I don't know.. but it can eat more them 20 times it's weight in @#$#. LOL

dorayme

"Jenn said:
Neredbojias wrote:

ahh.. thanks for the info..

It is not quite right though. "d" not "D" (ouch! I get an
electric shock whenever I type or see a "D" ouch again!)

Neredbojias

ahh.. thanks for the info.. I usually really like Aussies! :D

Oh, Dor is all right, she's just one quail short of a covey. 'Knows
html pretty well, though, I'll say that.
I make web pages for a living for the last.. mmmmm ... kind of lost
track ... started learning html around '94 and then making websites
around '95 .. something like that.

Where are you from and what do you do?

Actually, I come from my mother and I work for the govt. No, not
anything exciting like James Bond stuff. I'm more like a male Miss
Moneypenny when it comes down to it. However, this puts me in that
rather revered group of people being reimbursed despite the level and
quality of their output, and *that* is something to be proud of!

Jenn

Neredbojias said:
Oh, Dor is all right, she's just one quail short of a covey. 'Knows
html pretty well, though, I'll say that.

coolio ...
Actually, I come from my mother and I work for the govt. No, not
anything exciting like James Bond stuff. I'm more like a male Miss
Moneypenny when it comes down to it.

Now, I'm interested! LOL I like your sense of humor too .. :D
However, this puts me in that
rather revered group of people being reimbursed despite the level and
quality of their output, and *that* is something to be proud of!

My dad worked for the Pentagon for 28 yrs before he retired (a long time
ago). He had a few stories to tell... not exactly James Bond stuff, but he
did work with Pres. Kennedy in the War room during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Jenn

Neredbojias said:
Hah hah, good un! Here's one I made up just now.

What do you get when you cross Microsoft with a ghost?

Big blue boo boo boos...

<giggle> HAAAAAAHAhaaaaaahahaAAHhahah funny! LOL

Tim Streater

Lewis said:
whichever size they give you (usually 12oz). If the place is called a
'pub' you can order a pint, but it's not really a pub.

And it's not really a pint either.