New to the Coding World

Joined
Mar 13, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I have always had an interest in coding, and now I have the time and resources to be able to learn, and I started today.

Joined
Mar 15, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Welcome to the world of coding! It's an exciting and constantly evolving field that offers a range of opportunities for creativity, problem-solving, and innovation.

If you're just starting out, here are some tips to help you get started:

  1. Choose a language: There are many programming languages to choose from, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Some popular languages for beginners include Python, Java, and JavaScript. Research these languages and choose one that appeals to you.
  2. Learn the basics: Start by learning the basic syntax and concepts of your chosen language. You can find online tutorials, books, and courses to help you get started.
  3. Practice, practice, practice: Coding is a skill that requires practice to master. Write code every day, and try to tackle increasingly complex problems as you become more comfortable with the language.
  4. Join a community: Joining a coding community can provide you with valuable support and resources. Consider joining online forums, attending local coding meetups, or participating in hackathons.
  5. Build projects: Building projects is a great way to practice your coding skills and showcase your work to potential employers. Start with simple projects and work your way up to more complex ones.
Remember, coding is a skill that takes time and effort to master. Don't get discouraged if you encounter difficulties along the way. With persistence and practice, you can become a skilled coder!

Joined
Mar 13, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Thank you for the tips and advice. I do have a question. Do most programmers/people that work with code learn and stick to one language or do they learn and get good a multiple?

Last edited:
Joined
Sep 21, 2022
Messages
115
Reaction score
14
Hitul's advice is the standard line these days. Don't forget to look at the adverts on all the free resources.

Conjecture: Everything that can be written, has been written. Modern programming is just searching.

Search for a library. Search within the library.

One day, every program will be one line long.

I could be wrong.