Why does Modelsim not display some signals?

fl

Hi,
I use Xilinx ISE to run a small VHDL file. From Xilinx ISE goes to Modelsim in behaviour simulation (use the default do {hcic_tb.fdo} command), I find that thw waveform window does not display the following two signals:

SIGNAL filter_out_addr : std_logic; -- boolean
SIGNAL filter_out_done : std_logic; -- boolean

while
SIGNAL filter_out_rdenb : std_logic; -- boolean

shows in the waveform window. What is the reason for display or not?

Thanks

testbench file:

SIGNAL filter_out_rdenb : std_logic; -- boolean
SIGNAL filter_out_addr : std_logic; -- boolean
SIGNAL filter_out_done : std_logic; -- boolean

la: filter_out_rdenb <= ce_out;

filter_out_procedure (
clk => clk,
reset => reset,
rdenb => filter_out_rdenb,
addr => filter_out_addr,
done => filter_out_done);

[...]

It seems these two signals will display after I turn off optimization to vsim:

-novopt

My new question is that in testbench it is acceptable to test a point with signal? Why are they get optimized?
Thanks,

HT-Lab

It seems these two signals will display after I turn off optimization to vsim:

-novopt

My new question is that in testbench it is acceptable to test a point with signal? Why are they get optimized?
Thanks,

I would suggest you read up on the +acc switch in the user manual rather
than using -novopt which turns off all optimisation. You can have full
visibility + optimisation.

Hans
www.ht-lab.com