Small Coding Fear

Joined
Mar 13, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
As I learn, I am kind of just going through the motions. My fear is that I won't remember what I am doing because of this. Any tips on how I can be sure that I won't forget what I am doing? I have a habit of doing this. I look at something fill in answers correctly and putting in the work, assuming at that point, that I know the subject of what I am doing because I was able to do it and work out any issues on my own, and then I get to a real world use of it and I don't remember the first simple steps of how to do the thing relating to the subject. If anyone as any useful tips I am open to anything; I really do not wanna forget what I learn.

Joined
Sep 21, 2022
Messages
115
Reaction score
14
Computers store and manipulate information.

A computer programmer with a poor memory, irony?

There is one method that always works, but you're not going to like it. Boredom.

Make your life so boring, that thinking about two's complement arithmetic seems exciting.

It works for me.

Joined
Sep 4, 2022
Messages
127
Reaction score
16
Hello !

against brain leaks and about 'forget management',
you have to 'map' your work, UML is one of the solution.
when you're working on a project, because of lot of code, and files, resources, you have to maintain a 'project board'.
it's like pre-work, before coding in random way. Methods appears at this point too.

make all your codes pattern existing in an analytics registry before 'loosing' your own memory work.

( if I misunderstood your question, tell me more details in your answer, thank you )